Good morning! How are you doing today? Do you sometimes need a boost to get your day going in the right direction? To me that’s everyday!
Here’s a glimpse into my morning:
When I get up, I have to take my thyroid pill and wait for an hour to eat. So I usually have warm water with lemon as recommended by many health practitioners. It is supposed to kickstart your digestion plus lemon has many other health benefits. But today I chose to have tea made from fennel seeds, fenugreek seeds, star anise, mint leaves, and a teaspoon of raw honey! Yummmm!!!! (Also full of wonderful health benefits.) I take this time to read a devotional, check my email, and Facebook posts; which more often than not means it’s more like two hours ’til I finally eat breakfast.
Today I was thinking about laughter and joy and how beneficial they are to our health, as well. So I looked up some verses to share. One for each day of the week:
- Proverbs 17:22 A cheerful heart is good medicine, but a broken spirit saps a person’s strength.
- Philippians 4:4 Always be full of joy in the Lord. I say it again—rejoice!
- Psalm 40:16 But may all who search for you be filled with joy and gladness in you. May those who love your salvation repeatedly shout, “The Lord is great!”
- Psalm 9:2 I will be filled with joy because of you. I will sing praises to your name, O Most High.
- Luke 11:36 If you are filled with light, with no dark corners, then your whole life will be radiant, as though a floodlight were filling you with light.
- Romans 15:13 I pray that God, the source of hope, will fill you completely with joy and peace because you trust in him. Then you will overflow with confident hope through the power of the Holy Spirit.
- Psalm 30:11 You have turned my mourning into joyful dancing. You have taken away my clothes of mourning and clothed me with joy. (Scriptures taken from the New Living Translation – NLT)
Whether you start your day with lemon water, tea, or coffee; joy comes in the morning! I would love to have you join me in starting the day meditating on these. And if you do can you let me know if one or more inspired you.
PS: Do you have a favorite morning drink you would like to share? Or a favorite verse that speaks life? Would you like some verses on hope, peace, love, or maybe something more specific for your own situation? I’m open for suggestions!