I was listening to some worship this morning and a lyric grabbed my attention. Do you recall what we covered on day one? We call ➡️ God answers. Here is a very worshipful version if you have ten minutes to spend in God’s presence. Came To My Rescue. Day 3 of last week’s series I mentioned the benefit of reading several translations to find one that resonates with you. Today I suggest you try the same with songs. I listened to several versions of this song. Each worshipper interprets it differently. I picked the one I liked best, but you might like one of the others better.
Today will be a shortlist on what answers God loves to give.
- Rescue: “The Lord says, “I will rescue those who love me. I will protect those who trust in my name. When they call on me, I will answer; I will be with them in trouble. I will rescue and honor them.” Psalm 91:14-15 (NLT)
- Salvation: “For ‘Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.’” Romans 10:13 (NLT)
- Eternal life: “For the longing of my Father is that everyone who embraces the Son and believes in him will experience eternal life and I will raise them up in the last day!” John 6:40 (TPT)
- Healing: “‘Lord,’ he said, ‘if you are willing, you can heal me and make me clean.’ Jesus reached out and touched him. ‘I am willing,’ he said. ‘Be healed!’” Luke 5:12b-13a (NLT)
- Direction: “Even though the Lord may allow you to go through a season of hardship and difficulty, he himself will be there with you. He will not hide himself from you, for your eyes will constantly see him as your Teacher. When you turn to the right or turn to the left, you will hear his voice behind you to guide you, saying, ‘This is the right path; follow it.’” Isaiah 30:20-21 (TPT)
I had five more to go through. I might do those tomorrow. Of course, there are many more, but I would have to dedicate more time and space than this blogger can handle.
Here’s the list, if you were wondering.
- Good gifts
I pray you will begin to see all the blessings that await you if you will ask.
Grace & Peace,