Let’s tackle that second half of the list from yesterday’s post, and see what great things God is hoping you will ask for.
- Fruitfulness: “You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you that you should go and bear fruit and that your fruit should abide, so that whatever you ask the Father in my name, he may give it to you.” John 15:16 (ESV)
- Abundance: “Give generously and generous gifts will be given back to you, shaken down to make room for more. Abundant gifts will pour out upon you with such an overflowing measure that it will run over the top! The measurement of your generosity becomes the measurement of your return.” Luke6:38 (TPT)
- Joy: “You will show me the path of life; In Your presence is fullness of joy; In Your right hand there are pleasures forevermore.” Psalm 16:11 (AMP)
- Peace: “Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you. Not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid. John 14:27 (ESV)
- Good gifts: “Every good gift bestowed, every perfect gift received comes to us from above, courtesy of the Father of lights. He is consistent. He won’t change His mind or play tricks in the shadows.” James 1:17 (VOICE)
It was challenging to pick out just one supporting verse for each blessing. Just as challenging as picking the list. At least it is a start. Each one of these blessings God is ready and willing to pour into your life.
Tomorrow we will examine our own heart and motives. I will attempt to help you align with God’s will, so that when you ask him for direction, you will be confident in believing he will answer.
Grace & Peace,
Every good gift bestowed, every perfect gift received comes to us from above, courtesy of the Father of lights. He is consistent. He won’t change His mind or play tricks in the shadows.
James 1:17 – https://www.biblegateway.com/passage?search=James%201:17&version=VOICE